Welcome to the registration page for the Side x Side Summer Arts Institute. The 2018 Summer Arts Institute will take place June 25-26 at the Portland Museum of Art, 8:30am – 4:00pm each day.
Registration is now closed for the 2018 Summer Arts Institute.
Please contact Megan Pollino for questions on registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year, all Portland and South Portland public elementary school teachers can attend for free. The institute is also open to educators from around the state (and beyond) for a $200 fee for the two-day event.
In addition, Side x Side is introducing a new Master Teacher program. Any Portland teacher who has completed at least one Side x Side program and attended at least one Summer Arts Institute can apply to become a Side x Side Master Teacher.*
- Attend both days of the June 2018 Summer Arts Institute (and receive free registration).
- Host a Side x Side teaching artist in their classroom during the 2018-19 school year (scope of the program is funding dependent).
- Collaborate with a teaching artist to design and co-teach a curriculum based arts program (which may or may not resemble previous Side x Side programs).
- Work with teaching artist to plan a second integrated arts program taught by the classroom teacher.
- Receive in-class support from USM interns.
- Gather during the school year to discuss program ideas with other Master Teachers.
- Share their integrated arts programs with colleagues within their schools.
- CEUs available upon request.
*The April 30 application deadline has now passed to become a Side x Side Master Teacher. Thank you to those who submitted applications.