We could not do the work we do without collaboration and support from our community. We are addressing community needs and creating solutions that impact the community as a whole. This is not just about children and schools – this is about creating more connection within the community and working together to change the way we learn, work, live and connect. And so it is imperative that we involve the community and that our work is an integrative approach with all the partners it impacts and that impact our work.
We take a relationship approach to our partnerships – working in collaboration with our community and are honored to call these organizations our partners:
The impact that we have on children, teachers, schools, school systems, families, and the community at large is only possible because of the support we receive from private donors, foundations and non-profit grants.
Here is a list of Grants and Awards that Side x Side has received to continue our work:
- U. S. Department of Education Assistance for Arts Education Development and Dissemination Grant, 2018
- LilySarahGrace Fund, 2018
- United Way of Greater Portland’s Brick & Beam Society, 2018
- Horizon Foundation Grant, 2017
- Maine Community Foundation/Peaks Island Fund Grant, 2016
- Maine Arts Commission Organizational Development Grant, 2016
- Maine Arts Commission Arts Learning Grant, 2016
- U. S. Department of Education Arts in Education Model Development and Dissemination Grant, 2014
- The Portland Education Foundation in partnership with Reiche Community School
- Donors Choose in conjunction with Mrs. Fox and the second grade team at Reiche Community School
- Portland Public Schools Envirologix STEM grant in conjunction with Mrs. Fox and the second grade team at Reiche Community School
In addition to the incredible support we’ve received from the above grants and awards, we establish a special partnership with the LilySarahGrace Foundation in 2018 that is very close to our heart…. (more copy to come)
If you would like to donate to Side x Side, we welcome your support – this is a community effort and we love our community support.
And finally, we also receive funding through classroom and professional development programming that is paid for by school districts directly. If you are interested in setting up a program, please contact us!