Classroom Teacher Led Mural Project
Option 1: A School and Community Event
The classroom teacher shares the process of the research project and culminating mural.
- The project journals are displayed.
- Students are asked to read parts of the journals that influenced the mural content and images.
Option 2: A Classroom Event
- The students reflect on the mural process with each other.
- Students talk about the researched content and how it was illustrated through the images in both their journals and then the mural.
Teaching Artist Led Mural Project
A School and Community Event
The teaching artist gives a slideshow presentation describing the process used in the project.
- Mural boards are set up on easels with cloths covering them.
- Project journals are displayed on the side tables.
- Mural panels are unveiled one by one with individual students chosen by the teachers (often the scribes) reading the text to the audience using a microphone.
- At the end of the presentation time is allowed for the audience to view the murals up close and peruse the project journals.
- The panels will be installed following the unveiling celebration.