Side x Side Teachers
As we wrap up another successful year we are full of gratitude for the amazing work you and your students have accomplished. This year, over 1,600 students and 45 teachers and specialists in Portland and Lewiston benefited from Side x Side’s collaborative programming, making arts integration accessible to so many learners.
Side x Side will provide no-cost programs through an application for teachers and specialists working in Title I elementary schools in Portland through the LilySarahGrace Fund, community donors, funders, and grantors! Each program is supported by an arts integration specialist, pairs you with a teaching artist, and provides an integrative model, resources, and arts materials.
Arts Integration Classroom Programming for the 2023-2024 School Year
Thank you to all those who applied to work with Side x Side in 2023-2024!
The application is now closed. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance in July.
What to know about the Portland arts integration 2023-24 application process:
- Side x Side programming is open to all teachers and specialists, including unified arts (new or experienced) in Portland Title I elementary schools through an application.
- All grade-wide teachers must complete one application together.
- Awardees must attend required planning meetings in September.
- New Side x Side teachers along with teaching artists will meet with the arts integration specialist prior to program start for additional support and resources.
- Application deadline is June 9th.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance into the program in July.
Side x Side continues to provide:
- Arts integration programming supporting student learning.
- Free programming for Portland Title I elementary schools.
- Experienced teaching artists who co-design and implement custom programs.
- The model, materials, interns, visiting experts, and a structure to showcase the work!
- Submit an Application (closed June 9th)
- Receive acceptance notification via email in July.
- Participate in September program planning meetings.