Join the Side x Side team! Apply below…
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Job Title: Finance and Operations Coordinator
Starting Date: December 2022
Salary: $30-$35 per hour
Hours: Part time – 25 to 35 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Portland, Maine & remote – with a preference for someone who can do in-person office hours multiple times per week.
Annual Paid Time Off: 6 to 7 weeks
About Side x Side: Side x Side, Inc. ignites academic excellence in education through comprehensive arts-based programs, bringing critical thinking, creativity, and innovation into the classroom. Through community partnerships with the University of Southern Maine, school districts, artists, and professionals, Side x Side integrates science, technology, literacy, and the humanities with the arts to enhance school curriculum.
The Side x Side work environment: The Side x Side team is a tight-knit, flexible group with a deep passion for the arts and a strong belief in the collaborative mindset. We are a small team who leans on the unique expertise of each team member. We are seeking a talented nonprofit professional to assist our growing organization with all aspects of organizational and finance administration.
Financial Manager Duties
- Financial Management an Support Bookkeeping
In close collaboration with the ED and bookkeeper, spearhead all financial operations, including budgeting and financial analysis, financial reporting and forecasting, grant disbursements, and allocations.
- With bookkeeper, co-manage all QuickBooks operations.
- Bill.com: enter invoices and expense entries on an ongoing basis; Create bills.
- Payroll: run payroll on bi-weekly basis including payroll taxes
- With bookkeeper, oversee and ensure ongoing recordkeeping, procedures, and organization of documentation for checks and balances purposes.
- Monthly and annual reports: compile and share requested reports with the ED, staff, and board including Statement of Financial Position, Budget vs. Actuals, and other reports as needed (following reconciliation).
- Grant reporting: track restricted and unrestricted funds and provide relevant reports to ED, staff, and board per funder requirements.
- Procedures and policies: update and maintain the Financial Management Manual of Policies and Procedures including description of internal controls. Update said procedures and policies or other necessary improvements, as needed.
- Internal controls: ensure internal controls are upheld per the Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Work with ED and financial consultants on strategic topics such as budgeting, cash reserves, financial planning, insurance, and financial practices.
- Grant Management and Reporting
- Maintain working knowledge of all grant agreements and processes, manage grant disbursements, and monitor grant reporting requirements.
- Review and monitor all contracts and MOUs related to funding or payments, paying close attention to compliance.
- Translate proposals into budgets using Quickbooks Chart of Accounts; share with bookkeeper for input into Agency Wide budget.
- Support ED and Arts Integration Specialist with all financial elements – tracking and reporting of financials and programming promises.
- Support ED and Arts Integration Specialist with grant reports.
- Operations Team General Support
- As a lead member of the operations team, support organization with front office management, program requests and cost inquiries, data organization, program tracking, and procurement as needed.
- Assist ED and management team in writing grants.
- Assist and manage with ED, board, and management team, in the development of an annual appeal; mailings and emails.
- Support development team and fundraising goals.
- Support with general requests – professional training events and projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Several years of related professional experience, preferably in financial management and/or administration.
- Knowledge of nonprofit finance, grant accounting, and grants management.
- Experience and demonstrated success developing and managing budgets.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, including Docs, Sheets, Excel, Slides, Mail, Meets, and Calendar.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Bill.com, Paychex, payroll processing, Little Green Light or similar donor database (CRM).
- Ability to maintain financial confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Diligent, organized, and efficient with an open mindset.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, religion, and learning differences.
- Commitment to SxS’s mission.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
Training and Onboarding: The Finance and Operations Coordinator will work with the current Organizational Director and beginning in January 2023, will perform tasks independently.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any category protected by local, state, or federal laws.
> Apply using this: LINK